One of the most important things to remember when doing the squat challenge is to ensure that you will be able to do it effectively and safely. Not only does squats help to improve your lean body mass, mobility, power and strength but it also helps to make your muscles of the lower body trimmed and toned. There is only one disadvantage for doing the squat exercise and that is if you have long limbs, you may encounter some difficulties in doing the exercise. If you want to know more information about squat challenges, you can go to try the squat challenge at http://travelstrong.net/squat-challenge/ and check out more details about this topic. Other than that, below is a list of ways and tips on how you can improve your squatting exercise.
• You can make use of the box squat technique of squatting which involves utilizing a bench or a box as a target for you to reach with your glutes when going down during the squat exercise. By doing this, you will be able to be consistent in the regulation of depth and it provides necessary feedback on symmetry bilaterally.
• Another technique that you can use is the wet ice cube technique which can be done by doing a low back set. In order to perform this properly, you need to use your imagination. You need to stand straight as you normally do and try to imagine how you would change your posture is ever someone from behind came to you and placed or touch the lower portion of you back with an ice cube. Normally, your reaction would be to arch your lower back big time and your chest will be pushed forward and up at the same time your shoulder will be pushed down and back which is a good position in squatting.
• One of the types of squat that helps you in developing the skill of staying more upright is the front squats. This can be done as a method of connecting and giving variety to your program that involves your lower body or you can use this as a good warm up exercise prior to doing back squats.
• One of a variety of ways to improve and help develop good hip mobility is by doing the wall squats which involves having to push the knees outward when performing this specific squat exercise. This can either be used as a practice drill or as a good warm up exercise to more complicated types of squats.
• Aside from back squats, another kind of squat exercise that is typically difficult to do and perform is the overhead squats. This type of squat can be done after doing the wall balls or as a warm up drill prior to doing other types of exercise. While you will feel how this type of squat is harder to do compared to any other types of squat, it will be easier if done using the appropriate overheads, wall-balls and shoes. This is a great exercise to increase your thoracic mobility.